Monday, February 21, 2005

The Miracle


(Image: Evening on Eastern Main Road, Arouca)

Imagine you are standing on the widewalk of a busy street, watching cars and people rush by as you wait to cross. A bent old woman shuffles up next to you, staring straight ahead. All of a sudden, out of the blue, something amazing happens!* Your mouth drops open and you swiftly turn to face the old woman ...

You: Do you know who did that?

Old Woman (whispering): I don't know. God knows.

You (leaning closer to hear her above the surrounding noise): What did you say?

Old Woman: I don't say. God says.

You: Did you do it?

Old Woman: I don't do. God does.

You: Are you God?

Old Woman: I am not. God is.

* (..................................... )

- Happy Hippy -

1 Comments:

Blogger dharmamum said...

Hello,
You posted on my site a while back and I just got around to checking your site. It is inspiring. Your art work moves me.
Good Luck....

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home