Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A vast offering

Near where the river meets the sea between Manzanilla and Mayaro, there is a long stretch of what (from a distance) looks like pinkish white sand (as opposed to the rest of it which is brown). Drawing closer, you will see that it's not sand, but millions of mainly whitish and pinkish shells, glistening in the sun like a fresh carpet of snow.
My tropical 'snow' angel
I wave, you wave, sea waves.
Whenever I go to that spot and see the shell carpet, I wonder what makes the sea choose that particular stretch of sand to make its deposit? Water currents? Energy currents? And where do so many shells come from all at once? It's like a never ending supply. A vast offering.
Acknowledging Earth Day

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Extremely beautiful pictures.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Thank you.

6:45 AM  
Blogger human being said...

wow
awesome
the pictures... your reflections...
Elspeth, i loved the way we got closer and closer to the shells...
i took a series of 4-5 pics a while ago doing the same... getting closer and closer and finding some sparklies... i'll post them soon... though they are not as magnificent as these.
yours are breath-taking, Elspeth... they really are...
thanks for all the beauties of your life and your mind you share with us.
Namanste!
p.s. loved your cosmic waving...

10:45 AM  
Blogger human being said...

Hi!
I posted the pics today... for you...

http://dearteachersatan.blogspot.com/2008/04/closer-closer-closer.html

8:44 AM  
Blogger sukipoet said...

Hi. I came here from human being's blog. These are gorgeous pictures. Now, when I imagine a wonderous place to be, I can imagine this shell beach. Incredible. Namaste, Suki

9:21 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Oh, this reminds me of Sanibel. I miss the ocean.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home