Saturday, October 15, 2005

First thought

When I woke up this morning I was very aware of my first thought. Now, several hours later, I can't remember what it was, but I am feeling I should keep a book by my bed and write down that 'first thought' upon waking. What is the importance of that first thought or feeling of the day? Does it determine the mood of the day in some way? Is it something to think about further or to forget? Is it the remnant of a dream? Etc ... I think important messages exist in our first thoughts. Something to explore.
*
Elspeth

1 Comments:

Blogger Kaivalya said...

A few days ago, in the midst of a dream, I said or heard a phrase that seemed very wise and relevant to a situation I was facing in my 'waking' life. I recall thinking to myself, "I should remember this, I should write it down." I even looked around for a paper and pen in my dream, but couldn't find any! I resolved to remember the bit of wisdom, and of course, by the time I woke I had forgotten! Too bad I can't carry a notepad into my dreamland with me...keeping a book by the bed is a good idea. Perhaps I'll try this for a few days and see what I come up with.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home