Thursday, May 25, 2006

The mystery of the minty mesages



Yesterday I called the KC factory to find out more about the messages on the mints. I was transferred to S.K. who was unable to take my call at the time, but the woman who spoke to me and took my contact information, told me that S.K. would call me tomorrow. Before parting, she said to me: "May I ask what this is about?" I explained my interest in the messages on the mints and that mostly everyone in Trinidad has had some kinship with the wrappers in their lifetime. I further explained that apart from hearing about regular people's own experiences with (or memories of) the wrappers, I wanted to hear from KC themselves what the story was behind these messages - who wrote them and why. The woman said "Ohhhhhh, yes, I see!" in a tone which indicated that she understood my mission.

I'll see what happens when I speak with SK. But in the meantime ...

1. Check here to see if other people will write personal stories on/memories of the mint wrappers

2. In addition to the message featured in today's photo, other minty messages in the bag of mints I bought yesterday are:

Enchanted moment (repeated the most in the pack)

Sharing our lives

Real love

Love me tender

Crazy in love

I'm gonna love you

Never forget you

Treasured love

Stay sweet and kind

Call it love

Waiting for you

Memories of you

Emotionally yours

*

Elspeth

2 Comments:

Blogger Kaivalya said...

I think I'll 'stay sweet and kind.' :-)

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am loving this topic! Looking forward to the next post.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home