Friday, October 27, 2006

Dona Nobis Pacem (Grant Us Peace)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Yesterday I came across a simple and catching initiative: Dona Nobis Pacem. A blogger called Mimi is inviting fellow bloggers to "light up our beautiful blogosphere with Peace Globes from around the world" on November 7, 2006. She refers to it as a BLOGBLAST FOR PEACE. Read more about how to do it here ... and give it a go if so inclined.

Most of what I do creatively is interactive and I therefore love anything that invites interaction, especially for mass positive impact (seen or unseen). Dona Nobis Pacem has far reaching and powerful symbolic intentions. This world could do with a lot more Pacem!

I don't know how many of you are familiar with what a meme is. I don't think I'm the best person to describe it since I haven't done any memes in my almost two year life in the Blogosphere ... but to cut a long story short, when doing a meme, you can 'tag' other people - i.e. invite them to do the meme also. The Dona Nobis Pacem initiative is a 'meme' ... and (I don't know if they'll all see this, but) these are my 'tagees':

Chookooloonks

Webgrl

Mirari

Francomenz

Barbados in Focus

Guanaguanare

Stefan

Kaivalya

dapoet

Trace

Attilah

Anyone else who wants to do it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Elspeth. I'm eme!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Good.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Mimi Lenox said...

Elspeth...Thank you for this lovely post. The response for this project is overwhelming. Many came from your meme. It is incredible to see this much passion in the blogging community. Peace to you and yours...Dona Nobis Pacem...Mimi Lenox

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home