Wednesday, October 18, 2006

To Anonymous (singular and plural)

I had written a post already for the day and was about to go on my way when I came across a comment left by one of those Anonymous people. I could have left it, but ...

What I am about to say is not in anger, not in sarcasm, not an attack on Anonymous people ... but just things, responses, questions,comments of my own on these Anonymii who pop up every now and then.

Do you choose to hide behind 'Anonymous' because I know who you are and you are 'afraid' to say to me what you really think? Bizarre. Talk to me when you see me. Write me an e-mail. Don't hide behind a comment based on your lack of understanding of the wider picture or your intolerance for the fact that we all do things in different ways at different times. Or do you choose Anonymous because you can't figure out how to get your name to appear under your comments? Or is it that you could have been 'creative' and made up a clever nickname ... but 'ran out of ideas' and settled for 'Anonymous'?

The Anonymous who inspired this post asked me if I am "running out of ideas". Because I, being human, am writing about things other than my creative work and this is 'supposed' to be a 'Creative Portal' ... or rather my Creative Portal? In my experience, ideas are not things to 'run out of', Anonymous. They are always there, brewing, growing, exploding, resting, evolving, sometimes hiding ... then emerging in all kinds of ways. It is virtually impossible for me (or anyone) to share every 'idea' or report on every creative project in any one place. (1) I have other things to do. (2) I don't want to write down every creative idea here even if I could. Some ideas are spoken about in detail and some are put into action and manifested without a word.

If you are the same Anonymous, (maybe you're not, but when in doubt all Anonymii look the same) ... make up your mind. On one hand I'm running out of ideas. On the other hand my thoughts never get time to rest.

Rather than ask me for updates, this latest Anonymous demands updates: "Give us some updates on your musical artists featured on your site.up coming projects." I have absolutely no problem giving updates when asked for, but I saw no question mark after that 'statement'. The artistes I featured on this blog came to me and 'hired' me to do videos for them (if that's what you're talking about). I am not their manager, I am not their marketing rep. If you're interested in them, feel free to e-mail me and ask me for their contact information so that you can contact them and find out all you need to know. Or if you live in Trinidad, you may bounce them up on the street somewhere or already know them personally. Get first hand updates.

If you would like to know about my 'upcoming projects', there are several options:
1. Be patient.
2. (If in Trinidad), come to the events that I mention now and then and for which I leave open invitations for everyone. When there, you can talk to me, experience things first hand and get to know things that you will not know from this blog alone or from other people's feedback. (Your experience will not be theirs).
3. Ask me directly what you specifically want to know about my 'projects' and have a conversation with me. Monologues can be misleading and misinterpreted.

There's a feature that allows me to block Anonymous people, but I won't do that. Everyone has their opinion. Just sometimes I wonder. There have been Anonymii whose questions make me wonder why they even bother to read the blog at all. Why waste your time on what's not for you?! (And that goes for all things in life, not just blogs).

It all boils down to this: are you really interested in what I do creatively or are you just making comments to fill space? If the former, you know what to do. If the latter, well ... what more can I say?

*
Elspeth

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sniff..ellpet I wath anoneemouse 2 dat time an I like your bloth a hole lot. I jus 2 shy to say my name loud...I get angree wen ppl poke at yu so I try to stand up with yu to say...Bad doggie, down!! but now u sayin yu hate all anoneemice an i cwyin now. Sum anoneemice r nice u know? Sum anoneemice tink u r verry peshal.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

I know ... not all Anonymii are Annoying-i.

And to be honest, even though I may bite off an Anonymous head or two on occasion, I do 'listen' to what they say (between the lines).

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home