Friday, October 20, 2006

A creative definition of "Creative"

Yesterday, a fortunate phone conversation with a woman who was calling me about something else led me to a primary school in Sangre Grande where the children collect plastic bottles for recycling. I may go into that aspect more at some other point, but suffice it to say that they are the perfect find for one of the episodes of the I SPY video project (I Spy Recycling).

To cut the long story short, I ended up at their school yesterday after lunch and spoke to the children (ranging in age from 5 - 11) about the project. At one point I mentioned the word "creative" and was met with blank stares. I then asked: "Okay, who can tell me what 'creative' means?"

A little six-year old girl called Sade shot her hand up: "Making cakes!" (Me: Yes, that's creative). A little boy on far right put his hand up: "Making steel pans." (Me: Yes, that's creative too). Then a little six year old boy, Trey, sitting in front of me put his hand up in all innocence and said: "Making mischief."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, these little people can be very creative making all sorts of mischief.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Yes, it's a specialty for some.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home