Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Two

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yesterday I went into the Holy Shop at Mount St. Benedict with a friend and was very drawn to a fairly large cobalt blue miraculous Mary medallion. I found the colour extremely soothing and could not stop looking at it. I also instantly remembered the beauty, elemental power and sacredness with which Mary had been presented in the Paulo Coelho book.

As I gazed at the medallion, the number 'two' popped into my head, as if I should buy two. But I asked the woman for one. However, as she took it out and presented it to me, there were two in between her fingers. She tried to pull them apart, but since her other hand was closing the cabinet, it was awkward for her to separate her fingers without one Mary dropping and possibly cracking itself or cracking the glass cabinet. They therefore remained stuck together. I told her "Don't worry. Give me the two." Obviously I was meant to have both. I kept one for myself and the other is on 'standby', I guess.

... Mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kris Loya said...

that is a gorgeous blue - i can't wait for the second 'installment' of this mary medallion story.
I'm off to search your archives for the diva dip - sandy is nagging me to make it for her christmas shindig (tho its 3 weeks away!)

10:08 AM  
Blogger allan said...

Very appropo...its all about choices at the moment isn't it.

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home