Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Ticket to fly

A few days ago I decided that I need to cross water again and bring in the new year in a new place with new energies. I didn't feel like being in Trinidad for the transition. I thought of St. Lucia and how gentle and simple it is.

I wrote to my friend in St. Lucia to ask her what she was doing for New Years, etc. We are 'fellow Librans' and have known each other for over a decade. There are some people in life that you can 'know' within days or weeks of meeting them and continue to know them for all of life. The good friends I have now are like that. Quality does not need quantity when it comes to kindred spirits.

M wrote back and said she was just on the verge of calling me to find out what I was doing and if I would come. The fact that we had both had the same idea around the same time was good confirmation.

I hesitated a bit because of the unexpectedly high fare, but knowing that it would be worth it and that I deserve it, I went ahead and booked my flight online. As I pressed the "Confirm" button I felt myself get light and I knew it was the right thing.

My flight is at 6 a.m. tomorrow morning, 27th December.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Oh, good for you for giving yourself this gift of starting the new year with a friend and kindred spirit in a place with good energy, despite the high fare.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Lynn Cohen said...

Bon Voyage...dear Elspeth...have a wonderful time with your friend in St. Lucia.
Wishing all that is good in the coming new year. And thanks for your attention to me on my site. I look forward to more interaction in the months to come.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home