Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Discipline

Yesterday from the moment I woke up at about 4:30-ish (after meditating briefly) I headed for Lily. I thought I would just tweak a few sentences, but sometimes all it takes is one thing to click ... one word or sentence that has the right feeling to it ... and next thing you know, I was grabbed up and swept along. Before I knew it, it was 4:30 p.m. and time to head down the road to French class.

Of course at points during the day I had to reluctantly rip myself away from the flow of Lily to attend to other things:
1. Lunch meeting with someone who briefed me on a new project I may be working on
2. Make and answer VHouse-related calls
3. Do a little research for une femme française qui arrivera le 23 mars. Elle filmera un documentaire et je travaillerai avec elle.
4. Eat, drink and bathe

Sometimes one has to find the discipline to sit down and work on something. But in the case of Lily I think there may be times when I will have to find the discipline to 'dis-absorb' myself from it and do other things.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Andreamuse said...

That's wonderful!! I faced something similar yesterday morning, but stupid mundane interruptions kept getting in the way. But now I have a firm starting point!

haha, I understood your French! :-)

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful to find yourself in the Zone, swept up as if a Muse has grabbed you by the hand and is running with you in a direction...you don't yet know where!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home