Saturday, March 15, 2008

Something is missing

These days blogging feels different. I'm not sure why. I love doing it every day, but something is missing and I don't quite know what it is.

Maybe I am feeling emptiness, after having been so intensely woven into The Dream House and Veronica's House. They had (have) a distinct purpose to them.

As much as I love blogging and don't consciously feel like stopping, it is beginning to feel 'dead'. Why am I blogging daily? What is its importance? What purpose does it serve? Who cares? If I stopped, what would change?

In a way, it's as if the blog is a little extension of me: a daily cyber canvas of general thoughts, feelings, ideas, projects ... life in a cyber nutshell, so to speak. So then ... if I took what I just wrote and replaced the word 'blogging' with 'living', what would that say?

These days living feels different. I'm not sure why. I love doing it every day, but something is missing and I don't quite know what it is ...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for coming to my blog. I am very impressed by what you do.

Rose

xo

2:15 PM  
Blogger human being said...

Oh Elspeth, be sure if you stop it, the world will be changed.
Even if just one person reads you and is impressed, you have changed the whole world because that person is connected to some others and those again to some others.

And you see? There is a neverending chain.
The missing thing maybe is being aware of the link between you and the rest of the world. :)
Hugs.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. Sometimes I experience cycles when something feels less alive (such as the blog) than at other times. Follow your heart. I also REALLY know what you mean by being involved in something with a distinct purpose. I absolutely spring to life the minute I see an email from our head nurse asking me to translate a medical report ASAP because the husband is wringing his hands wondering what is going on with his partner's heart, he can't understand the doctors. As soon as I'm done with it, I feel blah again. Where's the next one?

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home