Monday, March 17, 2008

Wish


Last night I sat on the verandah upstairs to eat a slice of pizza. I swung the reclining chair around so that I would be looking over the back garden and the field toward Port-of-Spain in the distance. The sky was like a large screen, bright and a little hazy. My decision to sit there was perfect timing. I had only been sitting a few seconds when a long white streak cut through the atmosphere. A shooting star (meteoroid)! One of my favourite natural phenomena. It was beautiful, lasting quite a while before disintegrating totally. Reminded me of high school days in the Chemistry lab, burning magnesium strips.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Andreamuse said...

oh that's really great! What a perfect thing to see!

6:20 PM  
Blogger human being said...

You described it so beautifully that I could see myself there watching the shooting star ... I still have the taste of pizza in my mouth!

Elspeth you've got a beautiful mind... the way you interpreted the 'not found' link to 'me' was amazing... I very much liked to keep it the way it was ... but since it was not my first intention I corrected it.
Love your view to the world...

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home