Monday, February 28, 2005

My name is ...

Dropping my car off at the radiator man for the umpteenth time the other day turned out to be a good thing. I got inspired by MR. LUCKY 3 ... i.e. the name of the red band maxi I had to take to get back home. As it slowed down to pick me up, I wondered about the inspiration behind the name. Was the owner lucky? My first thought was that he had won Lotto and invested in a fleet of maxis - of which Mr. Lucky 3 was the third.

As we drove down the Eastern Main Road, my mind buzzed as one red band maxi after the next hurtled past ... POISON ... BLESSINGS ... GOOD VIBES ... and more ...

Ever wondered about the range of inspiring, thought-provoking, baffling, sometimes even misspelt and gramatically incorrect names and phrases emblazoned across the front and back windscreens of our national icons of transport? Who comes up with these names and why?
Join me, my camera and my dictaphone as we embark upon our spontaneous quest for maxi meaning ...

TOMORROW - THE FIRST IN THE SERIES:
MY NAME IS ...

Find out what this name means to the driver of the maxi ...

and note the interesting "cosmic coincidence" that occurs at the end of our little interview!

THIS PROJECT FEATURES A NEW MAXI DAILY ... SO STAY TUNED!


- Happy Hippy -

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to this story.
Victoria

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Disappointed that the story did not start today. However, I am eagerly looking forward to tomorrow.

Star Girl

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How random! :D

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home