Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Will you see what I saw?

This painting, my fourth, started off as a red background ... followed by yellow streaks. While the yellow streaks were drying, I turned the canvas around and, from each angle, saw different visual possibilities 'emerging' from the yellow streaks. With the canvas laid horizontally, the streaks looked like they were rushing to go somewhere in a speed blur. Laid vertically, I saw an impression of what I subsequently ended up painting. When I showed it to mummy, she thought it was a painting of shells. (That's not actually what I had painted, but I suppose everyone will see their own images in it).
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
What do you see when you look at it?
I'll tell you tomorrow what I meant it to be.
*
P.S. My name for yesterday's painting is "Solidarity".
*
Elspeth

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At first quick glance.....Three people..either sitting at a jetty with their feet in water or on a moving ferry.....like the ferry idea......the yellow streaks made from their feet as the ferry moves the black ....waves? The people look like old friends...comfortable poise ..one leaning into the other....

7:26 AM  
Blogger Kaivalya said...

There are three women: their heads with an abstract potrayal of breasts and bodies. The yellow glow around them is an aura. There is one 'aura' without a body. The women represent peace/calm (green), creativity (orange) and joy (yellow). The missing woman is the observer, the person viewing the painting. Each observer has a 'colour' and a corresponding mood/feeling/characteristic. While viewing this painting, my colour was red, for 'energy' and 'awakening.'

1:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ice cream/grapes
fishbones
uhmm things

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home