Thursday, November 03, 2005

Yesterday's painting was ...

If I had to give yesterday's painting a name, I would call it something like "Safari Women" or "Desert Women". They are tall women walking across hot, dusty plains, their heads wrapped in large headties/turbans. The yellow of their bodies is almost like an illusion - shimmering in waves of heat. The black lines on the yellow represent what is below their garments: breasts, ribs (they were probably starving after that long walk across the desert) and genitalia. The third shaft of yellow does not have any form to it (no headtie, face, body parts, etc.) She must be some kind of Spirit walking beside them - to guide and protect along their journey.
*
Elspeth

1 Comments:

Blogger Kaivalya said...

I like the painting a lot - I think this is your best so far! I also like the idea of a spirit guiding the journey.

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home