Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Do not underestimate the powerful messages in leaves that blow across your path.

I had asked Nature's map for directions. Yesterday afternoon I was going out and, as I opened the door to my car, the wind blew a leaf from the poui tree onto the driver's seat, exactly where I was going to sit. I felt that this was Nature's answer (or one of them). I put the leaf on the passenger seat and went about my way.

I forgot about my windblown companion until later in the afternoon when something told me to go to the car and look at the leaf. When I did, there was a particular formation in its veins that stood out. The formation instantly reminded me of a rune symbol, but I couldn't remember what it meant - so I looked it up. (If you don't know what runes are, you can read about them here): "The word 'rune' actually means mystery, secret or whisper."

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This rune is the symbol Algiz. Held the right way up (which it was), it stands for "Protection, a shield. The protective urge to shelter oneself or others. Defense, warding off of evil, shield, guardian. Connection with the gods, awakening, higher life. It can be used to channel energies appropriately. Follow your instincts. Keep hold of success or maintain a position won or earned. "

*
Elspeth

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm..reminds me of what I see when I look down at my feet.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Ha ha. That's true.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home