Monday, October 30, 2006

One blog leads to another

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

About a week or two ago I got an e-mail from someone called Shinji from Japan inviting me to be one of 192 people on his new collective blog: Topics from 192 Countries. (I am now 'the T & T person' on that blog). Around the time when I got Shinji's e-mail I was feeling fed up of T & T and didn't feel like writing about it ... but I accepted the invitation anyway, let a few days pass and cooled down a bit before posting. It's the second 'collective' I've been invited to join. The other is thepancollective. It somehow feels ironic (to me) that I'm on two sites which 'require' me to write about life in TT ... these days when I'm trying not to. At least, on my blog I've decided to stop mentioning the things about TT that rile me and am just focusing on the projects, creative aspects and anything else. I won't even mention Patrick Manning and his 3rd smelter.

Anyway ... the 192 blog was like a link in a chain which led me to A World of Reeholio (by Rhys in New Zealand) ... which led me to A World of Bloggers (which I'm now added on to as the TT person) ... which led me to the Dona Nobis Pacem initiative ... which led me to other blogs in between ... through which I came across interesting things like:
Sunday Scribblings - looks like fun and I did one yesterday.
NaNoWriMo - the challenge of writing a 50,000 word novel in 30 days (from 1 - 30 November 2006). 'Write' up my alley as it will require that rapid kind of stream-of-consciousness writing where you don't have time to think and you end up with something you may never have thought of. May give it a go.
Cocomment - allows you to track your comments if, like me, you eventually forget where you commented and want to follow up.
Bloglines - allows me to list any blog I'm interested in going back to read regularly without putting it all as links on this page. More than what I already have in the side bar would be too visually crowded for me. Prior to Bloglines I would remember a few blogs by heart or have them in 'Favourites', but now having Bloglines makes it a lot easier. All the regularly-checked blogs are in one place, one click away - plus I can easily see who has updated (as simple as checking incoming e-mails).

5 Comments:

Blogger Kris Loya said...

guh REAT! for the past couple years i've wrimo'd on my own now the year i can't do it i find out two of my friends are...*sob*
good on sunday scribblings - i loved it!!!
I love reading what people come up with every week
Congrats on joining the collectives:)

7:39 AM  
Blogger 1 1 said...

A third smelter?!?!?!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Yes, the 3rd smelter got headlines on two daily newspapers this weekend.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't the blogosphere great? The way one thing leads to another, and there is always something new and exicting to find. And you are inspired to be creative and force yourself out of comfort zones and/or negativity.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

What amazes me about it is the question of whether all these millions of people used to write so much before 'blogs' came along. I think a vast opportunity for self-expression was opened for all kinds of people who may not have expressed otherwise.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home