Saturday, November 25, 2006

Nanowrimo

Two days ago I had about 28,000 words and, with the computer down, I didn't know if I would have the luxury of being able to complete my 50,000 word novel by the end of November. I didn't want to give up, but, for a range of different reasons, a part of me couldn't really be bothered to do it. However, on Thursday when a prior appointment was postponed, I decided to stay home, put myself into it and write some of the nanowrimo. Amazingly, I sat there for most of the day, oblivious to time passing. By the time I called it quits, I had written about 12,000 words. I don't know where it all came from, but it emerged effortlessly. I am now over 40,000 words with 5 days to go. If I add it all up (the days spent writing) it looks like I may have written my 50,000 words in about a week and a half.

2 Comments:

Blogger SpiffyTurtle said...

Woo hoo! I love it when art just flows. It's like Bach said. The music writes itself. K

11:22 PM  
Blogger Her_Strangeness said...

i love your blog it's awesome. i have a blog for the book i am writing. :p

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home