Thursday, December 14, 2006

Eureka!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yesterday I was down town and made a wonderful discovery here through the gate of the Holy Trinity Cathedral (the side at the top of Chacon Street, POS). Someone had told me about it when I had completed The Enchanted Forest lamp and at the time of my last day in the studio. I went to have a look and see for myself. Sure enough, tucked away at the end of a cool pathway lined with grass, bush and trees, was this ...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A labyrinth! My heart leapt with excitement when I saw it. It was like seeing an old friend. (Labyrinths are special to me). Even though it's not a massive one, it felt like it took ages to walk it ... as though I would never get to the centre. Quiet, tucked away behind the back wall of the church, near to the "Garden of Peace'. I had never been in there before and was amazed at how it felt like a calm oasis in the midst of the rush and bustle. (Note who is standing at the far end of the labyrinth looking on).
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Mary observes 'the lab'. I found it interesting that just the day before I had bought the two cobalt blue Mary medallions
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I guess this nearby sign worked. No-one was loitering and there was no litter. The only things I found along my path as I walked the lab were a feather, some leaves, a few small stones and a very tiny piece of paper which, when I bent to look at it, made me feel it had come from something religious (e.g. it had numbers like 2:25, 11:3 and names like Paul and Simon on it).
I will definitely return to the labyrinth whenever I can. And for you as well (in T'dad) when you are in POS and want to step out of the bustle, why not go and walk the lab? I don't know of any others in Trinidad, although my sister tells me there is one in Tobago. I know for sure wherever I end up living, I will have a labyrinth in my garden.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kaivalya said...

That's so great! I'm glad you found a labyrinth you can go regularly!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Me too.

6:34 AM  
Blogger SpiffyTurtle said...

Oh, WOW. That's so magical, it give me goose bumps. K

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have missed so much..just catching up on all the posts and enjoying them and this one is a revelation. Had no idea that this labyrinth exists there. I am wondering now what other magical places (both off-the-beaten-path and right under our noses) exist in T&T?

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home