Thursday, February 01, 2007

Package in the mail

This morning I got my Priority Box from the artist Franck Mercedes. I had quite forgotten that I'd written to him requesting one, so I was wondering what it was when the post lady handed me a blue and purple box.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It is a symbolic box with his artwork on the outside and one word indicating what intangible, 'fragile' quality the box holds within. I got PEACE. That always comes in handy ...

(Excerpt from the website): May 22nd, New York, NY -- Franck de Las Mercedes wonders what people would do if they received a box that contained such things. What would you do if you suddenly received a box via mail, labeled “FRAGILE: Contains Hope” ? How would you use it? Would you give it to someone else? Would you sell it? Would you just throw it away? Such a box is exactly what Franck will send to anyone who asks him, anywhere in the world, for free.

Hmmm. I'm not sure what I will do with my box. I think I'll leave it somewhere in a public place for some random stranger to find.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the idea of this.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home