Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Early morning visit from a friend

At 5:30 a.m. I had already been up for a while and was lying on my bed absorbed in writing something. Suddenly on the paper there was the shadow of something flying around my room. I looked up, expecting to see one of those large black moths. But no - it was a bat. It had most likely come in on its own. (Normally when they find themselves in my room it's courtesy Jasper). When I saw it I felt happy to see it, like seeing an old friend. This isn't normally my response upon seeing a bat in the house ... (I remember, as children, screaming and hiding under the bed with my sisters and not coming out until Daddy came to remove the creature) ... but after being among so many bats the other evening, I somehow felt a new kind of connection. I even thought (jokingly): "Have you flown all the way from Tamana?"

Also , since having had Rainbow on that personal basis, I realise I've developed a different view of (and feeling for) for flying creatures. Seeing Rainbow develop and finally fly free made me really feel and appreciate that process - both for her (and flying creatures in general) and for myself.

Interestingly, what I was writing as I lay in my bed had to do with inner and outer transformation. It's as if the little bat had popped in just to confirm that everything is transforming greatly.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Bianca said...

That was interesting. I would have freeeeeaked out over a bat in my room goodness. Glad you found a way to appreciate the moment cause me and everything else would have been flying out of that room.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Kaivalya said...

I don't mind mice and rats, but I'm not sure how I would have felt about a bat in my space. Interesting how your bat-cave-adventure helped you connect with the creature.

2:02 PM  
Blogger GoGo said...

Having had a bat in my home this summer, I appreciate your encounter here. Sounds like the bat reflected your words. What a gift.

~GoGo

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home