Thursday, June 07, 2007

Touchdown

Slept for most of the flight (aisle seat 7C). Breakfast on the plane (which we got around 1 a.m.) was a herb omelette, hash browns, a spicy tomato and orange juice. Sat next to a woman from St. Vincent who kept waking me up to let her pass so she could go to the toilet.

Dawn was breaking as we flew over TT. I observed the hundreds of thousands of lights and Patrick's skyscrapers poking out from the dense cloud cover. Looked more like USA than TT.

Touched down safely at Piarco at 5:40 a.m. and my cellular immediately started beeping with messages. Apparently it had been on all month and I didn't even know! Surprised the battery lasted that long.

Weather: Rainy, cloudy, 23 degrees Celsius (Nice. My kind of weather).

Did not realise it is a public holiday (Corpus Christi).

It's also my nephew Liu's 8th birthday. I bought him a pair of binoculars.

Jasper looks fatter and is sporting a ripped ear. There is the strong smell of a dead lizard in my room, but I have not found it yet. His 'welcome home' gift.

Oh ... and my phone still isn't working.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

welcome home, indeed, apart from the lizard.
your cat's photo is amazing!
thanks for leaving an uplifting comment on my blog. (answer to be found there). Make yourself at home again.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Thanks. Haven't found the lizard though.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home