Friday, July 20, 2007

Traveling on the dream plane

This morning just before I woke up, I dreamt I was returning to Toronto. It was a very involved dream in which the people I dealt with were busy making the way easy for me. The people at the airline office were giving a range of prices for tickets. I was amazed at the cheap fare that was available - a special fixed rate of $200-something US (maybe it was one way?) which was hidden, but for some reason they had found it for me. Then there was a rate of $30,000 TT to go to either TO or London for a year. Of course I chose Toronto and they gave me the fixed rate of $200-something US for the year instead of the $30,000. It was a fortunate dream in which I spent a lot of time at the bank as well, preparing to depart. The woman in the bank was working with lots of data and transferring funds (I had a lot of money in the dream).

In the dream I felt purposeful and excited, eager to leave ... even though I didn't have anything 'fixed' to go to. This reminds me of the day I left my job in advertising 1999. I had 'nothing to go to' and I had not told anyone I was resigning (in case they had tried to dissuade me and put doubts in my mind). I wrote my resignation letter on the 7th of September so that my departure day (one month later) would be my birthday (7th October). I will always remember it as the best birthday gift I ever gave myself ... and one of the best decisions I ever made.

After leaving the bank in the dream, I woke up. My foot slid across the bed and bumped against something furry (Jasper, not a rat). I lay there for a while preparing to get out of bed and go through the motions of another day.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, what does it mean?! [squeal!] i love dreams!

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Jungian analyst would always say that in a dream, your money symbolizes the energy you have for something. Sounds like you have LOTS of energy for project Move To Toronto.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home