Thursday, July 12, 2007

Who I slept with last night

This morning when I woke up it was pitch black but the birds were already singing. I got out of bed to do some light meditation. First, I decided to put on clothes to go walking straight after. In the dark I found t-shirt, bra, etc. and tossed them on the bed. Still in the dark (not yet feeling for bright light), I got my yoga mat and spread it on the ground. I then reached for the bra - identifiable as the long, dark shadow cast upon my sheet. As I gripped it, something felt amiss. Why did it feel cold, clammy, cylindrical and rubbery?

I turned on the light to see a medium-sized grey rat (dead) lying where my left leg would have been, which would have been covered by my blanket all night! How long the rodent was there is anyone's guess. I must have been in a deep sleep, because normally I can feel when Jasper jumps on the bed with something. At least there was no blood.

Thanks, Jasper ... As usual, perhaps there's a message in this.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! OMG! I WOULD HAVE DIED! the sign is cool, but AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I would have had a heart attack. I have no problem with domestic rats, but a dead rat in my bed? In the dark? And I inadvertently put my hand on it? I would just scream and shudder for the rest of the day while I had flashbacks. Yuck.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

As a cat owner you just get used to such gifts.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Kimberlie said...

You can do much better than that for a bed partner!

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home