Friday, August 10, 2007

Can't wait to BEGIN!

Karen of Chookooloonks has initiated a postcard swamp (oops, a typo. It's supposed to be 'swap' ... but I'll leave it). I don't mind being swamped by postcards, especially as the theme is BEGINNINGS.

For the postcard swap Karen invited those who were interested to send her our mailing address. (I think about 70-something people in all are taking part). Our addresses were then distributed and sent out and we will each create original postcards or mailable artwork (along the theme of Beginnings) and send it to the people whose addresses we get. This morning I got an e-mail with the addresses of ten people. All are from the USA, one is from Canada.

I love these kinds of things. I love the idea of random people who don't know me/whom I don't know getting something from me (and vice versa) that happens to be just what they may need to see/hear/feel at the moment that they receive it. It's like leaving positive post-it messages in public, only more personal.

The theme (Beginnings) is simple and applicable to everyone. No matter who we are or what we are experiencing in life on any given day, something is always beginning in our lives. Even if it's just the day itself. The idea of these positively intended postcards arriving in the mail, swamping us all with great energy for our own 'beginnings' is empowering.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're excited -- have fun!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Kimberlie said...

Thanks for the reference. I checked out Karen's site and loved the photos and commentary!

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I think the person from Canada, is me!! :D How exciting!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Could be ...

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home