Saturday, November 10, 2007

A little visitor


The night before elections I was on the phone. I noticed Jasper was crouched, staring intently at a closed door to another room across from me. I only realised he was in hunting mode when I noticed something small and black crawling under the door. It (the creature) was so dark that from my vantage point on the phone I couldn't make out what it was. I thought it was a tarantula. Then I wondered: "Or is it a frog?"

It crawled slowly behind the piano, closely followed by Jasper, who was probably also trying to figure out what it was. It then crawled back around to the front of the piano (with a curious JJ still behind it) ... and suddenly took flight and began circling the room. Only then did I realise it was a bat. I opened the door to let it out, but it continued flying in hectic circles, bumping into the ceiling ... perhaps in fright, perhaps because it was a baby.

Eventually it flew to the bannister (the stairs) and settled there, as seen in the above photo. I went out to dinner with a friend and by the time I came home it was gone.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home