Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Washing the Window (video)

Image hosting by Photobucket
*
Size: 1.5MB
Length: 52 seconds
File type: wmv
*
Along the way I will document (in some form) stages of the making of the window lamp. I've never recorded the process before - and doing it this time around somehow makes each stage feel more specific. Getting to look back at the washing of the window on video, I saw one or two little things that I would not have noticed otherwise. In one section in particular, there is a sudden gust of wind and a yellow Alamanda flower flies down from the plant above (along with a few dry leaves) and hits against the window. I found that interesting, especially as the window itself already has glass flowers embossed on its two lower panes. (See first photo in yesterday's post). It's as if the elements that are already in (or of) the window are being drawn to it.
*
Elspeth

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Elspeth said...

P.S. Looking back at it today I realise I absently crushed the flower with the watering can some time later. (Ouch) Oh well ... pressed flowers, perhaps?

4:15 AM  
Blogger Kaivalya said...

I like the way you used the watering can to do the rinsing. 'Watering the seed of your creativity.'

7:19 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

True. Didn't think if it that way. This window is turning out to be like a plant in many ways - the flower, watering can, outdoorsy feel, getting wet by rain, etc.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home