Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Red, Six, Watch

Image hosting by Photobucket
The face when it had just been completed.
The visible plaster remnants need to be scraped off.
*
Red:
Rebirth, Power, Purpose, Passion, Grounding.
Energy of Fire.
Fuel for the Journey to be made, the Work to be done.
*
Six:
Dawn ... six a.m. ... the point between dark and light.
Twilight ... six p.m. ... the point between light and dark.
A magical time.
Sixth sense.
Six blessings:
1. The blessing of Balance.
2. The blessing of Dreams.
3. The blessing of Intuition.
4. The blessing of Love.
5. The blessing of Gratitude.
6. The blessing of _________.
Message: when the lamp light is on at 6 a.m. or 6 p.m. the blessings are most intensely projected(for a heightened period of six minutes).
*
Face as WATCH:
To watch over as Guardian.
To watch out for as Guide.
Watching over your outer.
Watching over inside.
*
Elspeth

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So it WAS a clock face! Anonmymous noticed that too yesterday. I thought that I was just seeing things. What a wonderful idea!..and all the layers of symbolism, the blessings and the watching over and the auspiciousness of the time displayed permanently on the watch. Lovely!

The watching over aspect reminds me of a song. I am sure there must be others with this theme but the one I am thinking of is from the perspective of a woman/man feeling lost and longing for someone to come into their lives to watch over them:

There's a somebody I'm longing to see
I hope that she turns out to be
Someone who'll watch over me

I'm a little lamb who's lost in a wood
I know I could always be good
To one who'll watch over me.

Isn't that what we miss most about childhood, the knowledge that someone is always watching over us. And isn't that the promise of the Mightiest One, that we will be watched over:

"For He will give His angels charge concerning you, to guard you in all your ways. They will bear you up in their hands, lest you strike your foot against a stone" (Psalm 91:11-12).

Just beautiful, Elspeth!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

I love Psalm 91, those few lines in particular. Very true.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home