Monday, March 06, 2006

(sac)RED (video)

Image hosting by Photobucket
The handle on the window reminded me of an angel every time I looked at it. Perhaps a manifestation of 'the Diva' (Goddess).
*
Image hosting by Photobucket
I gave the Goddess a body (Plaster of Paris). Her arms are upraised as she bestows blessings and gives thanks. N.B. Jasper in the background.
*
To see what happens next,
Length: 40 seconds
File size: 743KB
File type: wmv
*
This stage (manifestation of Diva) took place on Carnival Monday. On Tuesday, when Minshall came with his Heavenly Diva it made me think of this one.
Based on what I wrote yesterday about taking the time to see what message you get from a piece ... what message, if any, do you get from this video? N.B. sometimes if you think too hard, you lose a message that is being delivered on a more subtle level and therefore cannot be put into the limitation of words.
I will say what I got from it at another point ... perhaps tomorrow.
*
Elspeth

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Kaivalya said...

Red. The colour of tapas - fire and energy. There's power in red, in the divine, in nature. I thought that you might leave the Angel/Goddess white, but I like that you made her red.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I like what you did with the handle...and I like the colour you chose. So far there are a few earthy tones there...the gold, the red, the sepia. Those are some of my favourite colours. Now, did you use wire and then wrap the plaster bandages to create the arms? I like the blessing/giving thanks idea behind the positioning of the arms.

Elspeth, on the subject of your looking at the handle and seeing an angel, are you in the habit of collecting interesting objects just because something about them seems to be wanting to communicate something...and you think maybe one day you can use their voices or textures or shapes in your creations?

8:30 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Yes I used wire for the arms. Re collecting interesting objects - I used to do a lot of that but I don't do much of it these days as I'm actually trying to lessen my 'load'. Nowadays my artistic focus is more on photography and video than on 3D work - so I guess I 'pick up' and collect things more through the lens now.

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is there a clock in the nob?

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home