Monday, April 10, 2006

Environmental Blog?

Image hosting by Photobucket



This year a few people have referred to this blog as 'an environmental blog'. Hearing that surprised me, because I never thought about it as an environmental blog or intended it to be that. It's still "my daily evolving Creative Portal". I guess in evolving daily it has come to embrace more of the 'environmental' ... so I realise why someone would classify it as such. Lately (as of 2006) much of my content has dealt with issues such as the proposed aluminium smelters, pollution and animal-related causes, both wild and domestic.

But these are not the only things that constitute 'our environment'. It is limiting for us to think of environment only as 'flora and fauna'. The other day at the S.A.G.H.S. anti-smelter awareness talk, Cathal (environmental engineer) defined the environment as everything around us, inclusive of the stars, the moon, sun, solar system. The entire Universe is 'our environment'. I would imagine that even our bodies (inner and outer) are 'our environment'. And everything we do affects our environment - as intimate and as endless as it is. So, in the sense that our environment is everything inside and around us, I guess it is appropriate to say that this is 'an environmental blog'.
*
Elspeth

4 Comments:

Blogger aka_lol said...

I always thought of this blog as Universal since it talks about everything that affects people. This blog can also be classified as one which, among other things, promotes awareness about what truly matters and what is at stake for all of us. A blog is normally a statement, a record, an opinion, but this is a living blog, which goes beyond statements. It works to transforms ideas into actions and this is what's unique about Now is Wow. Keep it up Elspeth.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Kaivalya said...

I think the Now is Wow 'environment' could also include a spiritual and inner realm - particularly since so much of what you write about involves not just witnessing, but taking action.

7:04 AM  
Blogger thebookmann said...

Dear Elspeth, I saw your Commonwealth film on local television today and want the congratulate you. Perhaps explaining the process of the film may be useful for your blog readers. I periodically visit your blog and have noticed that when you begin to deviate from you main focus (whatever it may be) your site begins to loose its essence.

Best Regards, thebookmann

3:14 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Thanks, Bookman. Not too sure what you mean by 'deviate from my main focus' though. If you have time to explain your perspective further I'd appreciate it.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home