Tuesday, November 07, 2006

More Dona Nobis Pacem

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My day of Dona Nobis Pacem opened with the sight of two snails (a big one and a small one) moving slowly along the driveway early this morning. I sat on the ground and looked at them for a long time, marvelling at their peaceful, gliding existence.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I then moved them, not wanting to see them get crushed by the garbage truck, which was due to arrive around then (but never did).
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I let them walk on my feet, to impart some of their peace to me.

4 Comments:

Blogger B.R.L said...

May you gain the peace that you looked for in the smails.

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really glad to see the snails again. There was an Amerindian artifact found in Siparia a very long time ago that may have been the cover for some vessel. It was fashioned in the likeness of a snail. They say it represented Huracán (literal translation: centre of the wind) the God of the Winds. That Amerindian word was actually the word from which hurricane was derived. They believed that the snail symbolised Huracán and if you think about it, the spiral really is that of the hurricane. When you first discussed your personal symbol, the circle with the dot in the centre, for some reason I connected that with the snail. Now that you are encountering living snails, I feel that for you, snails have special significance. Find out more about snails and the significance of spirals and shells in general.

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had time in the morning to watch snails, or any other wildlife! Thanks for the pictures!

5:32 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Betty (thanks) - that kind of peace would be a priceless blessing.

Kamsin - the busier I get, I confirm that making the time to experience these simple things is important.

Guanaguanare - this may be a long answer, so I'll do it as a post.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home