Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I am a Sunflower

I am a
Sunflower


What Flower
Are You?



I tried out this quiz from Kikipotamus the Hobo's blog. The sunflower is one of my favourite flowers, so I'm glad I turned out to be one. On Christmas Day 2004 I planted sunflower seeds in the garden and the first bloom of my crop opened on Valentine's Day 2005! I found this very symbolic: It felt like I had planted a gift for myself on a special day, tended to it with love and it had opened for me 2 months later on a day that is globally 'promoted' as the 'Love' day. It was Nature saying to me: Here is your Love. Indeed, it turned out to be fitting for that year, as Love did come to me. I'm going to plant some more.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The early seedlings. The litle glass bottle on the ground contained pellets to keep bachacs away.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The promise of things to come
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Shyly unfurling
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Beautiful and blooming
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Big and sunny
*
When I harvested the seeds there were so many. I put them into envelopes and gave them to friends as gifts.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sooo pretty :)

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home