Thursday, March 22, 2007

Showing the Soul Window

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Unlit
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Lit
*
Before, I wasn't going to show the full lamp, but now I will. Some pieces are not shown in the image (e.g. the interactive bouquet, which is silhouetted and somewhat visible in the 'lit' shot). In all of its basicness and simplicity, there's a lot of symbolism in this lamp, but I won't get into the details (of the symbols, 'missions', etc.). It's a lot to get into ... and, even though it may all be interesting, the realness of it was and is in the actual interaction with and experience of it ... not in the documentation of it.
As a result, while I could have shown the whole thing and explained in detail during the documentation process (as with the other lamps), I never felt like doing so for this one.
I imagine soon it will be arriving at its new home in Houston and the owner(s) will photograph it ... and it may look different from how it looks in these shots. But for now, here it is - photographed just before I left home on the day I took it to the hotel.
Not sure why I'm showing it today, but it just feels like the day to show it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kris Loya said...

Yes. Today is a good day to reveal the lamp. Your path is clearer :)
I feel like running through the lab singing i can see clearlyyyyyyy nowww the rainnnnnnn is gone - how bout you?

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home