Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Drumming in The Cave

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Detail of one of the paintings on the wall at The Dance Cave

Last night I met Eyad and Traci, two of the three new friends I'd met at the drumming class (Nancy is away for the week so she couldn't join us). Last Tuesday we had planned to meet and go drumming outdoors with the drum circle, but due to rain and thunder, plans were aborted. This week (warm and bright weather) it was indoors at The Dance Cave.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Before it all begins ... chairs being set up in a circle for the drummers.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

At one point I stopped and placed my camera on my drum head to keep it still for this shot with a very slow shutter speed (since the room was dark). Hence the people dancing in the centre are blurred to the point that they can't be seen.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Now you can see them, with use of the flash.

It was fun. The drumming sounded great at points and at other times, like a mass of noise. At one point it got so loud I couldn't hear myself think, much less drum. E, who goes all the time, had walked with ear plugs. T had forgotten hers. By the end of the night, after about two hours of drumming, my hands looked like a small bunch of ripe figs.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home