Thursday, June 21, 2007

Oh well ...

Yesterday when I called to get directions to the drum class I found out that there was no class because they have to practise for a competition in two weeks' time.

Last Wednesday when I'd called, I was told the same thing (that they had to practise). I began to wonder if I was wasting my time or if I should go elsewhere. I don't want to call every week and meet cancellations.

Anyway, the new plan is for Saturday afternoon. Then (they won't be practising) I will begin to learn "the language of the drum", proper technique, stretching and warming up for playing and a lesson plan will be drafted out based on "how fast" I can pick up what I'm being taught.

As Xavier says: "I does just dive into de rhythms one time."

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

I does just wonder how fast one can get a rhythm...

7:13 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

I does wonder how fast foreigners does pick up de Trini accent.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Hope said...

I go pick up my cuatro now and play a tune.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Dah go go dong reallllll good yes gyul!

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home