Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Beginningsend


The title of this post, two words merged as one, has two meanings:
1. I've come to the end of making my Beginnings (Beginnings' end)
2. I sent the last 5 yesterday (Beginning Send)

The first set I made were not like 'cards' per se. But the last few I made became more simple and card-like (like the one displayed above). Each Beginning, whether card-like or not, felt special, like something I myself would love to receive.

I know this person and this person already got theirs. Pretty soon the other eight recipients will as well.

I would choose the material with which I was going to make the Beginning, then I would open the book where I'd written the addresses, close my eyes and select one at random. Then based on the feeling that person's name gave me, I would make their Beginning. That's how everyone got what they got.

Now that it's all over, I can't remember what I wrote, drew or made for each person. The one that stands out most in my memory is the one that I made from the thing I picked up on the grassy cliff in Toco where I was drumming the other day. If I remember correctly, that Beginning went to Canada. The other nine all went to addresses in the States.

It was an enjoyable process. Not sorry it's come to an end, though.

The end of Beginnings is a beginning in itself.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it random that ABBA "the dancing queen" received her beginning during Beginnings? I wonder.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home