Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The next few days ... (update)

Starting today:
WED 22 AUGUST
1. 9:00 a.m. Go to Manzanilla with Adrian (Canadian artist) and his wife Joanna - also an artist whose students do work on HIV/AIDs; interested in hearing about the video approach I will be taking (with my project on the same topic). I think it will be a day of fruitful creative discussions and activity.
2. 6:30 p.m. (if I'm not too tired to go by the time I return from Manzie, which I think I will be ...): Talk being given at Raj Yoga Centre by visiting London representative.

THURSDAY AUGUST 23
1. 9:30 a.m. Funeral of another friend's mother in POS
2. At some point, maybe before the funeral, take ABBA to an animal centre - if Glen does not decide to keep her ... which I hope he does).
3. From 2 p.m., kayaking through the Caroni wetlands with a tour group (for an article I have to write on touring T & T)

FRIDAY AUGUST 24
1. Check UWI Bookstore to see if the book for French class is in yet.
2. 10 a.m. Biking for two and a half hours through Caroni (also for touring article. I'm hoping 'two and a half hours' includes stopping off to listen to the tour guide talking. I can't imagine riding for so long in the hot sun)
3. 6 p.m. A friend is having a symbolic gathering at her home. (It sounds like it will be great fun, but I may not have the energy to go)

SATURDAY AUGUST 25th
1. Leave 10 a.m. to go to drum class, to be in time to "drum for de dance class so you go get some experience wit dat" (says Desmond). Return home in the early afternoon.
2. My friend Charlotte's birthday.

SUNDAY AUGUST 26th
1. Rest.
2. 5:30 p.m. Go to my friend Malik's birthday celebrations.

MONDAY AUGUST 27th
7:00 a.m. Leave early for a 'press tour' of the Nariva Swamp (also for the article).

In between all of those things are the little things to take care of and catch up on: printing things, collecting things, dropping off things, posting things, making calls, depositing cheques, paying bills, checking and responding to e-mails, following up on outstanding things, thinking and jotting down things, etc.

And in between those things: eat, drink, sleep.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kris Loya said...

i'm not the only one who needs a vacation


aaaarghhh

10:10 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Make your vocation your vacation (as the saying goes) ...

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home