Sunday, August 26, 2007

How to play the Avalo (video)

Yesterday there was a request from Kelly for me to post a pic of my hands drumming (to go with the "to-to te" transcription).

Here is a simple instructional video showing how the Avalo is played. (N.B. A sleepy Jasper in the background looking on). I did it in steps so you can understand the "to-to te" method of remembering the rhythm. I played it slowly so you can understand ... and softly, as it is early Sunday morning and the neighbours are still asleep.

(For some reason Youtube is not uploading this morning, so I have uploaded this video using the new Blogger video upload feature).

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea that watching this video would stir me so deep inside. The vicarious pleasure I get from it is incredible...almost as if I were the one taking the drumming lessons.

Thank you!

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home