Thursday, September 27, 2007

The gift

So much for putting my yoga mat on the bedroom floor this morning ... in the dark ... (as I normally do) ...

I will have to at least just do a meditation on my bed.

At 3:00-something a.m. I was awakened by Jasper's furtive paws fishing under my blanket. I leapt out of bed, turned on the light and shook out the blanket to see what he had captured this time. Nothing. I then raised my labyrinth pillow and saw a medium sized frog under it! Alive and well, it leapt off the bed and started springing around my room with me following.

After chasing it into a corner, it got smart and went under something. I fished for it with a long rod, but no amphibian came back out. Who knows where it is now! Somewhere in my room ...

Anyway, I never really mind these gifts. They always bring strong messages.

(Update: 6:20 a.m.) A short while after writing the above post, I was sitting on my bed meditating. Just as I was about to finish, Jasper jumped on the bed and started fishing around. He had found the frog and brought it back for me! This time I managed to catch it. It was one of those smooth, moist frogs - not the lumpy, warty ones ... so I didn't mind holding it and taking it outside.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...transformation? Since I had my frog dream, I've been more trusting that my current state of neither here nor there is meant to be. I am relaxing into it more.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

I know exactly what you mean. And even 'neither here nor there' is somewhere! The point between A and B that no-one ever really thinks about.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home