Friday, September 21, 2007

A new beginning

The image is backwards because I used iPhotobooth to take it.
*
I thought I had reached to the end of my Beginnings, but a short while ago I got another one. It is from Valerie and the stamp says San Fransisco, CA, posted on August 4th. The iPhotobooth image above doesn't do justice. This postcard looks like a real, 'professional' one. The back says "Photography by Valerie", so perhaps she put together a triptych of her photos and printed them at home. Thanks, Valerie. I don't know your e-mail address though, so can't thank you personally.

I can't make out what the first image is: three candles? a cosy window at night? an electric heater? I guess it's whatever I want it to be. The image on the right (i.e. on left in the reversed iPhotobooth version) appears to be sunrise (beginning) over the ocean, as seen from the wharf ... or a ship. The quote in the middle says:

What I do today is important because I am paying a day of my life for it. What I accomplish must be worthwhile because the price is high - Jane Lafazio.

So true.

On the back, Valerie has written:

Remember - any given moment can change your life ...

Again. So true.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jane LaFazio said...

Jane LaFazio here! I'm proud and amazed to see my name on your lovely postcard! But I can't claim credit for that quote. It is on my website, but the credit goes to some anonymous, very wise person.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Who knows ... maybe it's a big coincidence and the 'anonymous' person's name is Jane LaFazio as well.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Alessandra Cave said...

How wonderful! And the images seem pretty dreamy too. I love the idea of postcards merged with new beginnings... Have fun at the film festival! ;-)

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home