Thursday, October 11, 2007

Gathering space

Today is one of those days when I feel I'll be cleaning, clearing and throwing physical things away. (Maybe it's time for another Wonderful One Dollar Sale) It's uncanny ... no matter how often I clear out, there always seems to be more!

I specifically asked my friends to not give me physical gifts for my b'day. Only to celebrate with me at home and abroad and grant wishes for immaterial gifts - the ones that cannot be bought and which tremendously enhance life without taking up space and gathering dust.

Of course one or two of my friends still did give me physical gifts (in addition to the wishes). One friend gave me a book and said: "Even though I know that after you read it you'll give it away ..."

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Pearl said...

Happy BD.

(Feel free to pass along the Happy part. :))

8:41 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Thank you. I will.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Lynn Cohen said...

It's a great feeling to purge the excess stuff from your life (physical, material and otherwise). We did this this summer and the house still bursts at the seams with too much stuff.
Of couse if I'd stop going to garage sales it might help. (but I NEED that stuff)...LOL

Of course you will give the book away. How wonderful is it to give what was received and enjoyed already? Yes!

Here's some more "good energy" for your birthday. I hope you will use it to your best advantage. Just exactly when you Need and Want it.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Cleaning and clearing on the physical plane just corresponds with the same thing in the psyche. It's essential from time to time - our inner life is hardly able to rise above such banalities...

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home