Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Applicable Love

Two of the Chookooloonks Love cards arrived yesterday. Both were very applicable.
Words seen backwards because I took the photo using Photobooth.
*
One card was from a blogger called Tammy. The words stamped on the envelope were applicable, especially in light of the recent/current/ongoing project Dream House. DREAM was stamped on the front of the envelope next to my address. On the back of the envelope were stamped the words: LOVE and BELIEVE.

The card itself had the words: Love, inspire, dream, celebrate stamped on the front. Very applicable, since this is what makes it all happen. Without those things I would get nothing done.

Open the card and these words are stamped: XOXO, BELIEVE, HUGS.

Then: Love is a journey, not a destination.

True.

The other card, from a blogger called Jenny, had a Japanese design to the front and the Japanese symbol for the word 'Love'. The back contained the "I will greet this day ..." quote by Og Mandino, who seems to be a fascinating character. I'm going to read up more on him.

I Will Greet this Day

"I will greet this day with love in my heart. And how will I do this? Henceforth will I look on all things with love and be born again. I will love the sun for it warms my bones; yet I will love the rain for it cleanses my spirit.

I will love the light for it shows me the way; yet I will love the darkness for it shows me the stars. I will welcome happiness as it enlarges my heart; yet I will endure sadness for it opens my soul. I will acknowledge rewards for they are my due; yet I will welcome obstacles for they are my challenge.

To do anything truly worth doing, I must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger, but jump in with gusto and scramble through as well as I can."

~ Og Mandino (1923 - 1996)

(The last paragraph wasn't on the card, but it was on this version of the quote that I found ... and I'll leave it since it's applicable).

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home