Friday, April 25, 2008

Tide in, Tide out


The sea comes in and goes out again.
*
Dear All,

Since January 8, 2005 when I started this blog, I have enjoyed the daily process. As my 'Creative Portal', it served as a space within which I was easily able to express and project elements of myself and my work - albeit drops in the ocean of 'me'.

Over this time I connected with many great people who entered the Now is Wow 'Portal'. Some came and went, some came and stayed. Some I never met in person, some I did - forming special connections.

Today's post will be Now is Wow's last post. I was sitting here wondering what to say about that ... wondering how to close this blog off without sounding too abrupt, too long winded or too whatever-else-would-not-say-it-adequately. In life's typical way, a few minutes ago, a symbol came along to assist me and to affirm everything. I had paused on my 'wondering what to say and how to say it' and went upstairs to get some water. There was a green bird (green tanager I think it's called) - one of my favourite birds - trapped in the kitchen, pressed against the closed window. (Thankfully Jasper wasn't about!) I went to it and, although it agitated a bit as I got closer, it did not seem terrified, as many birds usually are when this happens. I opened the window, said "There you go" and she flew away over the grass.

That story says it all.

I will leave Now is Wow up as an archive. Anyone coming to it will see this page and will be able to explore all that has gone before via the links in the sidebar. Those interested in following up on certain projects which are to be completed can read more about that here.

I thank all of you who, in a variety of ways, were a part of this online journey/experience. I wish each of you the best in your lives and in every endeavour. While this blog may be 'no more', one Truth remains eternally unchanged for every one of us: Now will always be Wow.

Love, Elspeth

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

makes my heart glow!
R x

10:43 AM  
Blogger human being said...

Elspeth,
It was really abrupt!
I'm a bit shocked!
Why?
This drop of your ocean is a bottomless ocean in itself... I really mean it... Each time I was here, I could find lots of things...
Just know that people may sing more appreciative songs for a little brook than they do for an ocean...
It's not because the ocean is less worthy... its becuase it's less comprehensible, less controlable... less humanlike and more godlike...
Dearest friend... you can share with us just one drop of that vast ocean every now and then...don't go forever...
As I told Kelly once, even if one person is influenced, you've changed the world...
Elspeth, you are read and your artworks are watched and listened to by many, so your blog is a big wave...
Love to you...

11:12 AM  
Blogger human being said...

very very nice photos...
and think the bird wanted to tell you something else...

you are never trapped anywhere...'cause there is always a window to be opened... remember, a window to be opened... you go in there to deliver a message...do not fear anything...

Elspeth, you are not trapped in here... you are delivering a divine message to the world...

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A lady always knows when to leave."

The ending of this blog reminds me of a story about a girl who loved to do flips. It gave her great pleasure to do them. Her joy drew others to her. They appreciated her skill and talent. Soon she realized that she was doing flips for them instead of for herself and her joy was no longer internally based. She was performing for others.

Thank you for introducing me to the world of blogging, Elspeth, and for your beautiful blog. I will see you in other realms. xxoo, Kimberlie

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo! Hoo!

Will miss your blog, looked forward to reading it every day and then coming back to see the comments and sometimes leaving one.

Why?

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

another window made, opened to light and given away....see you in other reflections spec!
girlwithawindow

2:42 PM  
Blogger Mitra Sticklen said...

"every beginning comes from some other beginning's end" this is an end of one adventure but not the end of adventures. beautifully written elspeth i've enjoyed reading your posts and i'm so glad to be your friend.

4:48 PM  
Blogger RED said...

"Sometimes when you want things to get better we have to say goodbye..."

My first response was 'why?' but then I looked at my own life and realised that nothing and no one is permanent.

Nothing stays the same , we shape shift, develop, move on and yet we are ourselves through the process.

I think of Elspeth and I in this; we are friends..we do not see each other for months and then out of the blue we interact, do something and then..we fade back into our lives .

I have seen it in my life as well, still not knowing where to go next.
If what I am doing makes sense.

So the blog will be missed but it is still around in our memory and the people are just a phone call away.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Lynn Cohen said...

Thank You Elspeth for welcoming us into your life. For being a sparkle on my own blog...looking for Henry, who by the way, came there to say HI to YOU today! (before he/we knew you were leaving)...
I wish you well in all your wonderful projects that truly enhance the world. You have so many talents I can only see you taking them to new heights. Others will appreciate you in other forms/formats.

Letting the bird in you fly free!
Enjoy!
Live life to the fullest and rejoice.
Hugs.
May only good come your way.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Makeda said...

Now is Wow!

Thank you for all you have shared. What a special blog....

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your blog was here and so glad I found it and YOU. I do believe the way I found your blog the first time was back when I was on Blogger and there was that screen where you could watch the names of other Blogger blogs scroll past. I was in the habit of clicking on the ones whose titles grabbed my fancy, though it wasn't easy to click before they scrolled out of view.

Much love to you, K

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm selfishly sad, particularly because I, of all people, can completely understand the emotion that comes with knowing when it's time to shut down a blog. Thank so much for sharing so much -- and I hope desperately you stay in touch.

Much love,

K.

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you lot really must stop smoking that stuff. it's no good for you.

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home