Friday, November 11, 2005

Today's Top Story

SHOOT WITH CAMERAS.
NOT WITH GUNS.
----------------------
(Happy Hippy News)
1. Deliberately set aside some time, take your camera (digital, film or cellular phone) and go out and take photographs of anything you feel like photographing. Whether that means that you take one, ten, one hundred or more photos is up to you. N.B. You don’t have to be ‘a proper photographer’. Having the simplest of cameras and the desire to do this is all you need.
2. Think of a positive word. Every time you 'click' to take a picture, say your word in your mind (or aloud, if you like) and transmit the energy of your word into the image.
3. Take each image and send it to someone in whatever way you choose. E.g. If you have taken ten images, you will send one each to ten different people ... digitally as attachments in e-mails, printed and used on Christmas or greeting cards, sent in letters, left in public places (with your ‘positive word' or some inspiring message written at the back) for random strangers to find ... etc.
5. You may or may not want to include these instructions with each photo ... or simply share them with friends and encourage them to participate, build a positive momentum and keep this going. The more people we have being creative and not destructive, the better. Imagine if a term like “Widespread Shooting” meant that people all over the country (or world) were going out with their cameras, taking photos with positive intentions and passing them on to friends and/or strangers – who in turn would do the same. Imagine a newspaper headline like “Young boy shot repeatedly while liming” meaning that a proud father took a series of photos of his son during their leisure time together.
6. Choose creation, not destruction.
*
Elspeth Duncan
for Happy Hippy News

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am always impressed by the things you do. You are an original, don't let people make you think any different. Good luck in everything you do.

O'Leo
A friend

7:26 AM  
Blogger Hope said...

Excellent idea, I'll spread the word!

xoxo, Hope

11:52 AM  
Blogger Kaivalya said...

Inspiring! :-)

1:08 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

It is my sincere wish that people WILL actually take photos and do this. I know I definitely will.

2:53 PM  
Blogger MlleCygneNoir said...

I like the way you think, Cuz!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Give it a shot (or more) ...

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC IDEA! YOU ARE ALWAYS EXTENDING YOUR BOUNDARIES AND MAKING YOUR REACH GREATER! BLESS UP!

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea, especially since I just got a digital camera. I will start shooting everybody in Tobago.
with light and love
Mary

10:56 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

I'm in Amsterdam right now and I have an idea..

Tommorow mabye.. or sometime very very soon I'm going to take the film camera I never use.. and shoot a roll off.. I'm not sure what word yet.. but I'll figure it out soon..

Then I'll get it developed.. write the word.. the url for this post (if you don't mind) and my e-mail on the back of each picture and leave them around Amsterdam

I can't wait!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Hi Steve, it's great that you will do the project. And of course you can put the url on the back. Thank you. Have fun - and let me know how it goes! If you could scan some of the photos as well it would be interesting to see some of what you got. Elspeth.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home