Friday, July 14, 2006

Moved

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Enter
*
Yesterday I got a good workout, carrying each window one by one up the flight of stairs leading up to the building and then one by one to lean up on the wall in the hallway just outside of Studio 2.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Some of the windows leaning up in the hallway
Prior to bringing them into the new space, my friend Rosanna and I swept and mopped the room, lit incense and smudged with a smudge stick that she had brought along for further cleansing. I will get some white paint and we will paint over the walls and some grey floor paint to do over the floor (which naturally has various paint stains from other artists gone by) ... to give the place the newer, starker appearance of a 'new beginning'.
There is one window in the studio ... and it struck me that I was bringing in more windows ... each with a different kind of 'view' waiting to be created. Being all white with a space between the wall and the roof, the room has enough light coming in to make it feel airy - and the ceiling fan seems to do a good job of keeping the place cool.
When I got home, there was a letter waiting for me. It was a letter from the United States with a cheque for Serendipity. Interesting, as this was the first window I took up the steps into the gallery and will be the first window I begin working on.
*
Elspeth

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm as excited as if it's happening to me. The repressed artist in my bird chest is high fiving my heart. We are so happy for you.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Well, you're welcome to fly by and sit on my windowsill anytime. I don't think the phrase 'repressed artist' goes with any bird. The building of a nest alone is such an art.

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ehm…well…to be honest, I’ve never actually built a nest. I sort of …"inherited" the space from some very tasty…oops, I meant testy spiders...who well, after a while weren’t …ehm…using that space any more… you know how it is…..
OK, OK, to tell you the truth, Elspeth, I tried once for a whole day to be just like you! I really did!…but gulls and vegetarianism don’t mix!!! I’m just your carnivorous, crab-bashing, fish-tearing, shell-cracking, insect-munching kind of bird. Please don’t think less of me!
Thanks so much for the invitation to fly by. If you are not in, I’ll certainly leave a distinctively avian calling card on your window sill. Blessings.

12:26 PM  
Blogger allan said...

Serendipity...Just So!!! A life of its own ; a fierceness,; a hunger for its own essence. E, I read the turns and twists and I look at the metamorphosis...ca c'est vous fabrique..c'est ca.
My eyes will turn away for now and I await the fissure on the chrysallis.

Allan

1:47 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Allan, will alert you for emergence from fissure. Guanaguanare, will look out for avian c.c.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home