Monday, July 17, 2006

While I've been away

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Since depositing the windows in the studio on that first day last week, I have not been back. And I can't go today during the day because I'll be at an all day workshop. I'll have to 'begin' on Tuesday.
However, even though I'm not there working on the windows, I don't think that 'nothing' is happening. Just like Amelia Jane and those other toys come alive in Enid Blyton books when everyone is asleep, the windows must be doing their own thing, constructing abstract sequences within their wooden frames, projecting surreal views from their glassy eyes. So when I finally do get to work on them, my inspiration will come from their dreams of being.
*
Elspeth

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Kaivalya said...

Cool!

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love what you did here.
"inspiration will come from their dreams of being" Exactly so!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Kris Loya said...

way cool pic!! and way cool enid reference:)

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diva's welcoming light has been shining for the last few days in my home. At first, we had to get an extension cord so diva sat brightly coloured in the day, but shadowed in the night in a bit of a corner that wasnt exactly the 'stage' she deserved or, perhaps, expected. But, all in good time. After a particularly hard day, my boyfriend Stone - who is really a person of quiet gestures - surprised me with a homecoming met by diva's light. Since then, we've had her shining every night and she warms the whole room giving it a happy, colourful, but somehow not too bright light. She's like having a friend, who is nice to have around and who doesnt talk too much, just being there with you in the room. Diva is also really nice to come home to and Stone describes her as "illuminating". Diva came with two gifts, wonderfully wrapped, and they turned out to the winning poems. I saved them for the right people and yesterday discovered who they were. Diva's presents were perfect and an unexpected surprise. So, perhaps even amidst much darkness, good things may abound.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Glad you're enjoying Diva, GWAW

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home