Sunday, August 13, 2006

white & black photos

Today
I will capture
The colour of yesterday
In white and black
and bring it back.
*
The other day, dropping a friend home in an area of Port-of-Spain I had never been to, I felt as though I had driven into a world that no longer exists. It was the first time in ages I've felt like pulling out my film camera (not the digital one). I told myself I would go back soon and get some shots - and I think today will be that day.

It's hard to put the physical place into words, since I didn't so much look at it as I did get an overarching feeling of it. It felt like it was full of stories, people talking and moving - even though no-one was there (it was a quiet, late Sunday afternoon). Not that the place feels haunted - just as though subtle imprints left by things and people are tangible.
*
Elspeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home