Friday, January 19, 2007

Almost there ...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yesterday morning I was in the garden with Rainbow. I was squatting on the ground playing with a twig and she was walking around behind me. All of a sudden I heard a flapping noise and felt wind on my neck. Then I felt little claws clambering on my t-shirt. She had flown by herself from the ground up to my shoulder! All day she kept standing on tip toes (or tip claws) and flapping wildly, trying to raise herself into the air ... but she had only succeeded that one time.

I wonder how it will feel to suddenly, one day, just be able to lift off the ground and into the sky. Where will be the first place she chooses to go when she has that power/ability/realisation?

Miss Rain-B also had her first trip in my car yesterday evening as she accompanied me to the Greenlight meeting. She mingled well, going easily to everyone and nestling comfortably in their hands. She even blessed Glen's guitar with one of her 'loads'.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kris Loya said...

she's smiling in that pic!
She looks so cute i just want to hug her!!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Yes, she has a smiling mouth.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my favorite blogger in the whole wide world: i think i will 'follow the Rainbow' and find myself back home! see you soon!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

? Who are you, Admin? I guess I'll find out soon ...(?)

12:03 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Oh, I think I know. If it's you - your angel wings must be dusty by now. You'll have to wash them.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home