Wednesday, August 01, 2007

1st August

This year is flying. It is August 1st already. Time has no traffic signals, stop lights, policemen, speed bumps. Soon it will be my birthday again. Then Christmas, then another year to go speeding ahead.

Today is Emancipation Day 2007. I didn't realise T & T was the first country in the world to declare a national holiday commemorating the abolition of slavery. Slavery still exists though.

On Emancipation Day I tend to think of what I would 'free' or let go of in my own life.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to emancipate myself from the need to please people, the need to be low-maintenance, the need to be liked all the time. Ugh.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

To be free of anything internally or externally that keeps me back from my fullest experience and expression of life/living. As the saying goes: it's all in the mind (mental slavery).

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home