Friday, September 07, 2007

J'ecris une poemme (I am writing a poem)

*
La nuit mange le soleil.
Tout de suite:
Noir!
Mais
je n'ai pas peur.
Il y a une lumiere ...
Une etoile,
comme toi.
Petite,
Eloignee,
mais toujours
plus grande que la obscurite.
*
The night eats the sun.
Suddenly:
Blackness!
But
I am not afraid.
There is a light ...
A star,
Like you.
Small,
Faraway
but always
bigger than the darkness.
*
*
*
These days, sometimes I write my blog in French ... whether it's written right or wrong. Being wrong is what helps us to eventually be right.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Write on, girl! Even if it is French!

1:14 AM  
Blogger Regina said...

This was so beautiful, Elspeth... and I love how it's formed, like each word is a little star...
I would love to hear the poem spoken- it sounds so romantic!

8:43 AM  
Blogger GreenishLady said...

I loved this. (And I'm so proud of myself... I understood the whole poem before I read it in English, except for one word, so now I've learnt a new French word. Eloignee=Far away. Thank you!)

9:46 AM  
Blogger lissa said...

Wish I can write in French. Been trying to learn the language but failing miserably.

That's a nice poem - guess it probably sound better in French. Nice job.

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'est bon!

10:40 PM  
Blogger [a} said...

I found that gorgeous. To write poetry in a different language--wow, that's an idea I'm gonna try out now!

xoxoxo

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great poem in both languages. I am speechless!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Patois42 said...

How wonderful for you. That is such a skill. Beautiful poem.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Rob Kistner said...

Great little poem... ;)

5:33 PM  
Blogger e_journeys said...

Merveilleux!
(Pardonnez-moi; my French is rusty...)
Beautiful poem. I took French in high school and wrote poetry in cette langue aussi. Eloignee is un mot nouveau to me, too.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home